Friday, June 1, 2012

Back in the USA!


    I'm finally back in the States from my Europe trip with Tim and some of his siblings! I had SO SO much fun and I wish I got to see more (maybe I'll go back one day...wishful thinking)! I am still getting over the jet lag and need to do laundry/unpack, but I will put up an entire post dedicated to the trip!

    Back in April, Vera Bradley had their annual Vera Bradley Outlet Sale and this was the first year I went! They usually have items anywhere from 40 - 70% off in their most successful prints! I took my mom and one of my friends from school. There were dedicated (or maybe somewhat crazy) ladies there who go every year and buy huge bags full of everything Vera Bradley. Even though I only got four things, I feel like they were items I really needed and I feel like I am stocked up on Vera Bradley for another 3 or 4 years!


Vera Bradley Outlet Sale


1) One of the Vera Bradley items I had been wanting most was a messenger/computer bag I could take to school with me or on short trips. The print shown is not the print I bought; it's here and it's called Sittin' in a Tree. They only had a few select prints and if I could pick any print this is not the one I would want, but I promise it looks better in person...not so brown. This bag is called the Metropolitan and has a laptop sleeve and plenty of room for other books or random items. It will definitely come in handy!

2) The second item I got is their small duffel bag. The duffel bags are what people go crazy for at this sale, so I headed for this first thing! I feel that the small duffel is the perfect size for me for weekend trips! I actually brought it to Europe as my carry on and it worked out so well!

3) Since high school, I had kept my makeup in a Vera Bradley medium cosmetic bag. It has a liner to protect the fabric and I just think it's the perfect size to take your makeup on trips, keep in your dorm room, etc. I hadn't replaced mine in nearly 4 years, so I was excited to get a brand new one!

4) I decided that a bathroom hanging organizer was something I needed not only for my Europe trip, but for other trips as well (including my summer job as a camp counselor this summer in Maine)! I was excited about this print, which surprised me because I am normally not a pink girl! It's perfect for holding full sized shampoos, conditioners, shaving cream, and much more! In fact you could probably fit your makeup in the bottom pouch as well! The metal hanger is very sturdy and I can tell this item will last me a long time!

I know some people feel that Vera Bradley products are "grandma-like", but I really think they have upped their game with VERY cute prints this spring! Their products are no longer for just grandmas anymore!

Have any of you purchased Vera Bradley items? What do you think of them?



No comments:

Post a Comment