Friday, June 22, 2012

Camp Life


Hello readers! I have been at camp so far for a little over a week…but it feels like I’ve already been here a month! The days have gone by so slow, especially since the campers aren’t here yet. I’ve talked to a few girls who have been here for multiple summers and they all have said that the days go by faster when the campers are here!  Getting to know the ropes course staff has been really fun and it is definitely reassuring to know that most of them are super nice too! There’s a couple from the same school working with me in the ropes area, so it’s been great getting to know them! I wish they would stop being so darn cute sometimes…it makes me miss Tim a lot! So far, my days have been filled with learning everything to do with ropes…rock wall climbing, belaying (the person holding your rope at the bottom of the rock wall), high ropes course, static course, and the low ropes course. There’s a bunch of new terminology that I’m getting used to still…and of course there’s lots of new techniques to learn as well! 

It has not all been easy by any means though! Our ropes director can be kind of a witch sometimes. She is rude and bossy often and I am not used to being around people treating me and/or others like that…it stinks! However, the other ropes staff and I are sticking through it! Today I found out what age group will be in my bunk! I got 13 year olds…pray for me please! I am beyond nervous, but my co-counselor is super nice and will be very helpful because she has been going to the camp for many years.

Tomorrow, the campers arrive so we all have the day off today! Some girls and I are going to Portland to explore the city and go to the beach! Here’s a little of what I’ve been up to since I arrived…




 I hope everyone is having a great weekend!



1 comment:

  1. Hey, girl! Congrats, you're the winner of my Stylin' Stix giveaway! Shoot me an email within 48 hours to claim your prize!

    ReplyDelete