Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Since Thanksgiving

I have been up to a ton of various things since Thanksgiving! Needless to say, my to-do list is always growing.  During the month of December, I worked very hard finishing up my semester with finals, as well as applying to graduate school for next fall...scary!!

Literally when I got home the day winter break started, I opened my mail from the previous weekend when I was in my college town. And, I got in! I couldn't believe it.  It was 3 am when I opened my acceptance letter, and I had to rub my eyes about 40 times to make sure it was for real!  I am so happy that starting next year, I will be well on my way to becoming a teacher!  Also, Tim and I will finally be in the same city permanently and we couldn't be more excited!

First things first...Tim and I got a pet: a guinea pig! We named her Rumple, and she is so adorable! Tim has been wanting one recently, and since I had two when I was little, we thought it would be the perfect pet.



We even bough a holiday leash for her! (It's too bad she doesn't like to walk in it)



I also made quinoa for the first time ever! The taste took a little getting used to, but now I love it! I found a recipe for cheesy quinoa, and I'm in love!


Because the classes I would have taken this spring semester would not transfer to my new program starting this fall, I decided to drop my classes and get a job to save money before grad school! I decided on being a full-time nanny. That way I would not get money taken out of taxes, and I would still get paid a decent amount! I found a wonderful family only five minutes away, and I adore spending time with their two kids! I am really looking forward to spending the summer with them since we will be able to go outside to parks and the pool :)


I get to see this pup four or five times a week now! Her name is Murphy and I think she's one of those dogs that's ugly-cute, haha


One of the perks of this job is my lunch is free! I am free to eat whatever in their house, and I decided to make lettuce wraps today because I have been craving lettuce in any form (salad, wrap...weird I know)

I also celebrated my 23rd birthday! It has definitely been my best birthday yet, because most of my closest friends were able to celebrate with me! I swear for the last 8 years, I have been bombarded by exams (in high school), or sorority recruitment.  This is the first birthday in a loooong time that I have been able to do what I want to do and relax!









No comments:

Post a Comment