Monday, September 9, 2013

ISFJ {Blogtember Post}


I decided to start off Blogtember today for the personality post!  Since beginning my Masters program in School Counseling, I have been bombarded with information (and homework unfortunately)!  One of the things my professors have stressed the most about a counseling career is, you really need to be self aware in order to be successful.  Before coming to school, I never really thought about that before, but after doing some (more like a lot) of reading, I completely understand why counselors need to know themselves inside and out so they can help every person who walks through their door.  

I probably will have to take the Jung Typology Test at some point within the next few weeks, so I figured this was a good opportunity to give me an idea of where I am now!

I am an ISFJ!




I for sure know and have come to terms with the fact that I'm an introvert.  While I love being around people, I only really enjoy being around a small group.  Bars are fun sometimes, but going to one every weekend is draining for me!  I would much rather go to a concert, or stay at home playing games with some friends.

"While their work ethic is high on the ISFJ priority list, their families are the centers of their lives. ISFJs are extremely warm and demonstrative within the family circle--and often possessive of their loved ones, as well. When these include Es who want to socialize with the rest of the world, or self-contained ITs, the ISFJ must learn to adjust to these behaviors and not interpret them as rejection. Being SJs, they place a strong emphasis on conventional behavior".  This quote really hit home for me.  While I love working, I realize (for me) that I work to make my home life better. I truly do want to make a difference in the lives of children, and I believe if I can accomplish that I will feel like a better version of myself :)

P.S. Tim and I found the cutest little pizza place in our Chicago neighborhood.  I just can't get enough of this unusually warm weather...I want to be outside all the time! *I'm not ready for winter in the slightest




That's all for today! Have a fabulous rest of your Monday! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment