Friday, May 24, 2013

my worst traits

I have been slacking on the blog everyday in May challenge! Even though this month is almost over, I kind of hope there will be some sort of blogging challenge every month! It has been really interesting to hear things people normally don't discuss on their blogs, and I have discovered some new blogs as well!

Today's topic is your 3 worst traits.  While discussing this may not be easy for everyone, I have come to know myself pretty well throughout my life, and I don't think it is a bad thing to admit your faults.  In fact that leads me to worst trait number one....

1. I apologize too much sometimes

People have told me that I apologize too much on a number of occasions.  I am a very empathetic person (...which leads me to another fault I have - I can be too sensitive).  I want everyone to see the best in me so I feel like I have to compensate every time I do something wrong. Even if it's little.  I realize I need to apologize once, and trust that people take my apology to heart.

2. I am shy

Once I am with my best friends, I am the complete opposite of shy.  However, throw me into a new situation with new people, I go inside my shell (and want to run away sometimes haha).  When I met my campers for the first time last year, they were all very comfortable with each other and I was the new person in the cabin.  I felt very uncomfortable for the first two days.  I slowly opened up, and it felt like home by the end of the first two weeks! 

Another thing to mention, I get terribly nervous for presentations/anytime I have to speak in front of a group of more than 5 people.  I realize this is something I have to work on this summer before I start my Masters program.  I am also nervous about meeting everyone in my program, but I am confident there will be some great girls I will meet :)

3. I am somewhat lazy

One of my favorite aspects of weeknights are the fact that I can come home from work, and relax however I want.  I enjoy my nightly television (which usually includes multiple episodes...guilty), painting my nails, and journaling or reading.  I enjoy the weekends because that means relaxing time with Tim.  (I am so glad he is just like me when it comes to relaxing! We love our Parks and Rec time haha).  I have more pajama pants than actual pants I'm pretty sure.  I don't feel as guilty for doing this now, because I know shortly I will be working and going to school full time, and Tim's job will be stressful and time - demanding.  The weekends coming up in the fall will be much more cherished :)

I hope you all learned a little more about me today! 




No comments:

Post a Comment