Sunday, May 12, 2013

Things I Miss

Even though I am beyond excited to be moving to Chicago in August, the move will definitely come with some anxiety as well.  The only places I have ever really called home are both in Indiana - Bloomington (my college town) and Indianapolis.  I am so thankful Tim and a few college friends will be in the city with me, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous/anxious to move my life permanently to a new place!

I decided for today's Blog Everyday in May Challenge I would be writing about the things I will be missing once I make the official move to the Windy City!

1. My Family



Everyone who knows me definitely knows I enjoy spending time with my family.  I have really gained a new sense of appreciation for them as people and all they do for me! My mom always gives me good advice, and I would never pass up the opportunity to call her! (I would be that girl who would call her mom walking to class on campus haha) 

By the way, Happy Mother's Day to the best mom in the world!!

My dad has given me great interview and financial advice over this past year.  He's really been there for me when I need someone to talk to about that grown up stuff! My parents don't have a computer at our house with a webcam...I'm thinking of getting them one so we will be able to skype once I move!

I will especially miss my sister! She is beginning her freshman year in college, and I am very sad I will not get to see her as much as I would like.  I've been trying to give her good advice while I'm still here, but I know it's not the same since she still hasn't graduated high school yet! Less than a month left sista sista, wooo :)

2. My high school friends





Ironically, this last picture was taken in downtown Chicago...4 years ago! Although I am so glad I will have a few college friends in the city, I have known my high school friends for about 8 years now.  Our friendship is just so easy.  We understand each other, we can talk (and laugh) about anything, and we can have fun doing anything! I know I will make new friends in the city, but I also know it will take time.  

3. My Church

I have been a member of my church in Indianapolis since I was in second grade! We have had the same priest since then as well.  That church has become a second home to me.  Some of our greatest family friends are members of that church as well.  Luckily, the Catholic mass is the same no matter where you go! 







No comments:

Post a Comment